Danielle G.

I have known Danielle for years, but this is the first time I ever photographed her.  I still have a specific project I would love to shoot with her, but in the meantime, I had an idea for a series of underwater photos I have been doing, and I was hoping she would be game.
Danielle told me about some of the posing she does for an art photographer friend at SVA, and I thought, "Well this is going to be so much easier!"  That was before I had her treading water for two hours, turning into a prune, wrapped in heavy-when-wet fabric, and relaxing her limbs while trying not to drown.
She really is an incredible model for any artist, with gorgeous long limbs, extraordinary red hair, beautiful features, and above all, the perfect temperament and personality for this kind of work.  She is patient with my plans, generous with her own ideas, and moves like a pro.  
Who knows, maybe she can get some work modeling to help her pay for that fabulous education she's pursuing at NYU (did I mention she's really smart too!?). 
At the very least, she is going to have a stunning collection of photos to choose from for her new Facebook profile picture!
She really went so far above and beyond what I could have expected.  For the last pictures we took, it was so dark and hard to focus, that I needed her to smile so that I could use her white teeth to find some contrast in the picture. 








No comments:

Post a Comment