Vignettes from my office



This is my office.  The walls are lavender, but covered in photographs.  Next to original photos by Lillian Bassman and Elizabeth Opalenik (two of my great inspirations), are many many photos by Peter Lindbergh (my hero), torn from the pages of one of my favorite books, "The Journey of  A Woman, 20 Years of Donna Karan"  I have multiple copies of this book, but I love it so much that it felt right to put these images on my wall as well.  Next to Peter's images are personal photos, postcards from gallery openings, images from a few other books, things I have photographed, and pages I have loved from The New York Times.  For me, this mix of 'high' and 'low' art is what I love most.  A page torn out to the newspaper sits right next to a $6000 limited edition print, and a photo I bought from and artist on the street while traveling in London.

The table by the window is covered in books, objects I have collected, pottery by my son, and treasures from travel.  I am inspired by all of it.  And I'm running out of space....