Evolution of an album cover









These designs show a typical evolution of wedding album cover. The album style has a contrast linen binding so to help the client visualize the book, I added the binding color and matched the type to it. Typically, I send 2-3 options to the client to get feedback on what she likes...the type style, the strength of the image, the colors. Sometimes we have multiple image ideas for the cover. In this case, we knew early that we would design using a photo of her bouquet. The design process started with the bottom image, and ended with the top image: grey type and spine, less close up on the image, and a little texture and layering to soften the overall look. I love the way the text is not too bold and legible, but blends softly with the image. I'm no master designer, but I think the evolution of these is pretty interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful final design! Is the gray spine a metal or leather or some other fabric? I'm about to begin some album design today so this was good timing.

    ReplyDelete